Home » International News » Mumbai Man Dies After Being Sucked Into MRI Machine

Mumbai Man Dies After Being Sucked Into MRI Machine

An Indian man died after being sucked into an MRI machine while he was visiting a relative who was at the hospital in Mumbai, according to police on Monday who spoke with The Jakarta Times. Rajesh Maru, 32, accidentally entered the room carrying an oxygen container, which was immediately grabbed by the magnetic forces inside the MRI. “We have arrested a doctor and another junior staff member under section 304 of the Indian penal code for causing death due to negligence,” Mumbai police spokesman Deepak Deoraj told AFP. The accident occurred on Saturday night at the Indian financial capital’s Nair Hospital. Police said that preliminary reports said that the man likely died after inhaling…